Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Charcoal & Pastel

My favorite mediums! Charcoal, like i said before, has to be THE most forgiving medium that I have ever dealt with. Its awesome. I used to always do sketches in pencil because I loved the ability to erase and you cant do that with paints or crayons or anything else I had used. I also loved colored pencils for the same reason. In my opinion part of being a "good" artist is not necessarily being able to make something perfect and exactly how you want it, but to have the ability to cover up those mistakes and make it appear that you never made a mistake in the first place.

Well I said earlier that I was goin to try and have some more drawings up so I guess I better get on to that. I feel like I've ranted enough for now. And why not start with some made with my favorite, charcoal. :D

This one is a portrait of my fiancĂ©e. Love you baby!



This one I just sat down and started doodling and it evolved into something pretty cool I think.



And this is a landscape from my school.



And then there is more or less charcoal's color equivalent, chalk pastels. I love chalk pastels, aside from the horrible smell of course. Buh.

Anyways. Another landscape.



And this one I found interesting. Another landscape but the colors are inverted O.o



Well I hope you enjoyed the post today. I figured I would give you a big one since I'm not sure how much I will be on in the next 2 weeks. I'm going on vacation to visit my dad and I don't think I will have internet. >.< Crazy right? Who doesn't have internet in this day and age? Oh well... Anywho.... Thanks for reading and I'll be back whenever I manage to find a hotspot. lol

Post By: Art and Poetry Blog

3 comments:

  1. I love 'em. I think you need do something for Gary and me. :D That way, when you're famous I can say I have something original from you. And also because I like looking at your pictures. :)You're so creative! I wanted to tell you which of these I like best, but I can't decide! :)I like them all for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..
    1999 Honda CRX AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    Chevy W4500 Turbo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Directory