Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The First - Decidedly Not the Last

Well first things first I figure I ought to introduce myself to anyone who may stumble upon my page. My name is Derek and I'm a college student (another college kid blogging, like there aren't enough of those right?) studying Art at a small school that I doubt any of you have ever heard of. I don't consider myself to be a professional writer or artist by any means. Poetry and Art have always been hobbies of mine and that I think is how it should be kept. When writing or drawing or sculpture, etc is turned into work the drive and inspiration is often lost. True Art is a passion not a profession.

As I'm sure that any of you viewing this blog can see this is a new journey for me. A clean page on a new blog that I intend to fill up and hope that at least someone out there finds it pleasing. But poetry is more than that. Or at least it should be. As long as poetry has a fulfilling meaning to its author then whether there is an audience or not it holds a purpose. And therein lies the essence of all forms of Art, not just poetry.

But I'll get off my little soap box and share a little bit of what I'm about.

The Forbidden Fairytale


Looking to the future-
     No longer behind
Longing for more-
     Hoping to find
Someone like you-
     To cherish and hold
Someone like you-
     To make me feel whole

I long to be in your loving embrace
Once empty heart now quiver and race
But fear and shaking does overtake
Wondering, Wondering-
     How do I make
You to be mine-
     When you're not mine to take?

I take you in my arms
I lock lips with your's
And finally I see
What makes my heart soar.
At last, my other half,
It's you I adore.


Love's Eternal Dance

Wishing, Waiting, Debating
                 -Internally
Loving, Longing, Hating
                 -Eternally

Love is all I've wanted.
Love is what I've found.
But by the past we're haunted;
Hearts tangled like thread unwound.

Post By: Art and Poetry Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory