Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Few Sculptures

Found out today that I got an A in my Sculpture class this semester. Awesome. Just got back from the shop and I've got a few pictures. Assignments for the semester were a life sized clay bust, a plaster sculpture, a wood construction, and a box sculpture. It has been quite an adventure dealing with all of these; I've never done plaster or box sculptures before.

The clay sculpture took up most of the class for a lot of us. I love clay, but learned why it should never be left out for long periods of time. Someone in the class left clay in a jar for a few weeks and it molded and smelled horrible.  : X



Plaster sculptures are pretty interesting. I like mine but its not entirely finished. I need to add a bit more plaster and smooth it out but due to the amount of time we had for class it was left a little more rough than I really wanted. It was created in five pieces and put together later. I wish someone had told me before hand how much of a pain in the butt making it in multiple pieces would be. We literally had about 5 minutes after the plaster became usable to get it how we wanted it before it hardened.



Another sculpture I had no experience with was box sculptures. Really i had no idea that they existed. Our guide lines for the project were to for it to be a box that either contained or appeare to contain something, generally by using found objects or something like that.



And lastly, wood. To be honest, I had to rush on the wood piece and put it together in about 2-3 hours the night before it was due. But I kinda like it anyway.


Sculpture is not really my forte... But I enjoy it... lol

Post By: Art and Poetry Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory