Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some older writings

Hey guys its me again. I was looking through some notebooks and found a couple older poems and figured I would post em on here. Hope my fiancé doesn't mind as these were written after a break-up with a girlfriend long before our engagement. Oh well, I know she has read them before.

Torment


Adrift in a sea of lingering agony
Amusing how no one can see
This outer skin, so thin and frail
These eyes, filled with sorrow so pale
Suppressing emotion; holding the facade
Covering the emptiness of a heart so clawed
By deceit, ripped open once again
Never able to heal the pain
Quietly on the brink of insanity
Living on in endless vanity

Living in Misery


Fear, misery, and doubt
Alone, down, and out
A future, without you, I've dread
So much; left unsaid

Such Dispair-
     Now you're gone
On this nightmare-
     Will there come a dawn?

Post By: Art and Poetry Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory