Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Poetry: The Pen is Mighty

Hey everybody... Just getting up... I hope its not as hot today like it has been... Its been crazy... Had a nice rainstorm though... Some pretty sweet lightning and the rain was definitely refreshing... Does a storm like that ever make any of you just feel like getting out a pen and paper? Well it does me...

I don't know why but i find that poetry is more powerful than any form of speech... Well not just any poetry... Some time you come across a bunch of words that just rhyme but have no real meaning... In my opinion, that is not poetry... To truly be poetry a writer needs inspiration to write or it's just words... That is why I consider poetry an art form... Poetry requires thought, meaning, an idea... It doesn't really matter what that idea is, it could be just about anything... But there is just something about poetry that has the ability to awww any reader, assuming it is good enough... Like a wow that's deep, or huh I never would have thought of that... I hope what I write has that ability...

Dreamworld

Living in nightmare,
One day to be there,
Some say, "This isn't fair,"
I say, "I don't care."
-
All this will mend,
When it comes to an end.
-
All will be unfurled.
We're just living in a dreamworld.


Destiny

The demons on our shoulders ever restless,
They say we're such a mess.
-
Why do we argue and why do we fight?
It is only to their delight.
-
Is it really that hard,
To keep pushing forward?
-
Win or lose,
Our hands alone will choose

Post By: Art and Poetry Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory